this is love

this is love
our successful grains

Saturday, April 19, 2014

The last 11 days...

I had Gabriel on Tuesday, April 8 and we made it home Friday, April 11.  We were welcomed home by a super excited big sis Sophia and Grammy (my mom).  Since arriving home we've gone through 2 grandmas (my mom first, then Tim's mom just left today), tons of feedings and diaper changes, showering Sophia with extra special attention with a "Daddy, Mommy, Sophia date night" at a cafe for dinner and dominoes, and constant swooning over our 2 beautiful kids.  We're still in the adjustment period, but Sophia is doing great and loves her baby brother. 

How is Gabriel adjusting to the world?  WONDERFULLY!  Neena (Tim's mom) actually said Gabriel should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for the best baby...and she's had 5 kids! So, I think we've been super blessed with an easy, great baby, :)   Gabriel eats well, sleeps great, rarely spit ups, and is all around content the majority of the time. Thank God! This type of baby is very new to us.  We already had a live-in nanny on stand-by if his infant stage proved to be anything like Sophia's, ;)  Ok, not really, but we were NERVOUS!  My poor sweet baby girl had a rough first year of life.  But no nanny needed here. 

And I'm recovering well and fast.  Much faster than the 1st c-section.  I already feel like I'm about 70% recovered, and I'm only taking prescription Motrin at the point.  Is it because I HAVE to recover quicker since I have another child to tend to?  Maybe.  But this delivery experience is world's apart from Sophia's, so I attribute my easier recovery to the great experience this go-around (besides a few minor things like a bad reaction to the morphine...ugh, talk about itchy and constant nausea!).  

Pictures over the last 11 days of Gabriel's life.  From the hospital to home...





























P.S.  How is my baby boy already 11 days old? And Sophia is almost 4...  Time slow the heck down!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you're having such a blessed second go around! I can't get over how beautiful he is-

    ReplyDelete