this is love

this is love
our successful grains

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

So I thought....

When it was just Sophia, I was so busy; taking her here, doing this project, going there...or so I THOUGHT.  Just throw a new baby into the mix! I think I finally got ready for the day around noon. This is a whole new level of multi-tasking.  A whole new level of busy.  I had forgotten how sleep-deprivation can make you caaa-razy (in the Olaf voice).  I had forgotten that sometimes babies won't let you put them down,  (even though he's a great baby, he gets the occasional tummy ache and must be held for 2 hrs straight, lol).  And I certainly wasn't prepared for the guilt!  You know the thoughts....Am I giving Sophia enough attention?  Does she think I don't love her as much anymore?  Is she mad or upset that we didn't fit in a craft today? Is she jealous, does she hate me? haha...  Dang you, emotions!  It's obviously irrational, but we really need to find our "new normal" quick..a good routine fast.  It will come, I know.  Probably when I'm able to get a bit more sleep and have more energy to put towards a working routine.   I'm only 3 weeks in to this 2 kid gig..it's still so new and fresh.  We'll get there!  I hear a lot of moms say you must give it a good 6 weeks for everyone to settle into their new roles.  Overall, we're doing great!  I love my mom life. It helps that Gabriel is an amazing baby, and Sophia is an easy almost 4yo.  It feels like such an accomplishment to have the kids fed and happy at the end of the day..and the past couple of days Soph and I have worked on spelling and fit in a few crafts.  Honestly, if nobody is on fire by bedtime, the day was a success in my book...and if I fixed my hair.

Sophia has been amazing.  She loves to help out a lot, and other times I think she forgets he's even here, lol.  I haven't noticed much jealousy.  I really try to involve her in most things.  She holds him, helps with diaper changes, and I always try to prompt her to sing or talk to him.  It's so cute when she does!

 Did I mention my precious baby boy is 3 weeks old today!  And I can officially drive and take baths again, too. Big day!

I felt complete when we had Sophia, so I don't want to say my heart had a hole in it.  I think God just made my heart bigger when we decided to have another baby.  My heart certainly expanded and made room for my sweet Gabriel Timothy.  It's amazing how you can spontaneously have unconditional love for someone else the moment they enter your world!   I prayed for him..he's a perfect gift to our family.

 "I'm 3 weeks old today!"


Let's all swoon together over this sleep grin....


She's so gentle and sweet with him.


And nap time isn't going as planned here..


Pucker up!


Gabriel has olive skin like dad, and Soph is pale like mom.  Sorry Soph!


And when a baby comes along, mom moves to the backseat.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment