this is love

this is love
our successful grains

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The year of the book

I've resolved to read two books per month in 2017.  I'm very original in my resolutions.
One fun, pleasurable book.  One history book.

January picks:

1.  The first book of the brand new series, "Harry Potter".  

Heard of it?  ;) (have I mentioned I'm ALWAYS late to every game...except the hat game; always early). I read through book 4 several centuries ago.  But I've forgotten most, and my husband bought me all 7 for Christmas....que "I believe I can fly", because that's a TALL order!  But, I'm chipping away and feeling like I can fly since I'm reading two books simultaneously and on track to finish both by January's end.  Chest bump!  




2. The Greatest Generation, by Tom Brokaw

An INCREDIBLE read for history lovers and haters, alike.  Brokaw profiles men and women of World War 2;  He interviewed these people in their hometowns and on the beaches of Normandy, detailing their heroism, bravery, and immeasurable impact they made on their communities and on future generations.  Truly, the greatest generation.  I can't get through one profile without crying.  We owe them so much.  It's beyond inspiring.  A MUST READ.  :). 


February picks on deck....



And the goings-on of last week:

Painting boxes.  Don't tell me you're bored, or you'll paint a dang box! ;)
Actually, it was Sophia's idea. 



Playing charades: Octopus on point


Reading while listening to music..I don't get it.  Distracting! 


And the rad headband my MIL crotched me for Christmas needed to make an appearance.



No comments:

Post a Comment